Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Changeling

OMG, I just watched the movie Changeling and it was awesome. Although it dragged on a bit I enjoyed watching because I was captivated by the 1920's fashion lol! Most times, I like to educate myself a bit of each fashion era by doing some research. So some things I found out that were interesting was the fact that 1920's was the decade when it entered the modern era. It was the time when women first liberated themselves and when men began to wear sport clothings. It was also the time when women won the right to vote and began to enter the work force. So as clothing changed, society did also. Bob cuts were in as well which you can see in these pictures.

This was one of my favorites. I think I would not be able to pull it off however, because I think it looks better on someone much thin or slender looking.

I liked her sweater here, reminds me of the boyfriend fashion right now. I would never wear such shoes however. But to love style is to appreciate all genres of fashion, right?! I like how comfortable of a clothing it looks and the carefree sense it gives. Do you agree?

This amazed me because I guess this is what they wore to sleep back then. Ahhh the silk, gotta love it.

I just like the glamour she has here. Smoky subtle eyeshadow with off-red lipstick along with the cloche hats. These waves were called the finger waves which went with bob cuts very well.

So gorgeous isn't she?



sources from wikipedia.org
images taken from the web

No comments: